10 Things I Hate About You [1999]

Meet the Stratford sisters: pretty and popular Bianca, who has never had a date; and Kat, her older sibling, an ill-tempered harridan whose acerbic wit is matched only by her steadfast determination to alienate any guy who might be remotely interested in her.

Unfortunately, strict rules in the Stratford household forbid Bianca from having a boyfriend until her odious sister has one of her own-a situation that seems highly improbable considering Kat is a social disaster. Bianca's desperation for romance turns into a convoluted scheme to match Kat with her male equivalent - a guy whose reputation is so infamous, Kat might rise to the challenge and find him worthy of her concealed charms.

Mating mayhem ensues when Patrick Verona - a sullen young man with a mysterious past - is bribed by Bianca's wannabe boyfriend to woo and win Kat, in order to clear the way for Bianca to begin dating.

"- Hello, Katarina. Make anyone cry today?
 - Sadly, no. But it's only 4:30."

"- So what's your excuse? (Patrick)
 - For? (Kat)
 - Acting the way we do. (Patrick)
 - I don't like to do what people expect.Why should I live up to other people's expectations instead of my own? (Kat)
 - So you disappoint them from the start and then you're covered, right? (Patrick)
 - Something like that. (Kat)
 - Then you screwed up! (Patrick)
 - How? (Kat)
 - You never disappointed me. (Patrick)"

"- Hey there girly. How you doin'? (Patrick)
 - Sweating like a pig actually and yourself? (Kat)
 - Now there's a way to get a guy's attention huh? (Patrick)
 - My mission in life. But, obviously I struck your fancy so you see it worked. The world makes sense again. (Kat)"

"I hate the way you talk to me,
and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car.
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots,
and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick;
it even makes me rhyme.
I hate it, I hate the way you're always right.
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
and the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you.
Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all."


No comments:

Post a Comment