City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare

What price is too high to pay, even for love?

When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul.

She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

“Clary," he said. "You saved my life."
"I stabbed you. With a massive sword. You caught on fire."
His lips twitched imperceptibly. "Okay," he said. "So maybe our problems aren't like other couples.” 

“You may have the worst timing since Napoleon decided the dead of winter was the right moment to invade Russia.”

“Take off your shirt."
Jace raised his eyebrows. 
"I'm not going to attack you," she said impatiently. "I can take the sight of your naked chest without swooning."
"Are you sure?" he asked, obediently sliding the shirt off his shoulders. "Because viewing my naked chest has caused many women to seriously injure themselves stampeding to get to me.”

“Ah,” said Magnus. “Nerd love. It is a beautiful thing, while also being an object of mockery and hilarity for those of us who are more sophisticated.”

“He'd burn the whole world down til he could dig out you of the ashes.”

“Too much of anything could destroy you. Too much darkness could kill, but too much light could blind.”

“I fell in love with you, because you were one of the bravest people I'd ever known. So how could I ask you to stop being brave just because I loved you”

“Doubtless the lunatic asylums of the world are filled with unfortunate women who have failed to see my charms.”

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment