In the ethereal world of dreams, there are champions who fight to protect the dreamer and there are demons who prey on them...
Condemned by the gods to live eternity without emotions, Arik can only feel when he's in the dreams of others. For thousands of years, he's drifted through the human unconscious, searching for sensation. Now he's finally found a dreamer whose vivid mind can fill his emptiness.
Dr. Megeara Kafieri watched her father ruin himself and his reputation as he searched to prove Atlantis was real. Her deathbed promise to him to salvage his reputation has now brought her to Greece where she intends to prove once and for all that the fabled island is right where her father said it was. But frustration and bad luck dog her every step. Especially the day they find a stranger floating in the sea. His is a face she's seen many times.... in her dreams.
What she doesn't know is that Arik holds more than the ancient secrets that can help her find the mythical isle of Atlantis. He has made a pact with the god Hades: In exchange for two weeks as a mortal man, he must return to Olympus with a human soul. Megeara's soul.
With a secret society out to ruin her expedition, and mysterious accidents that keep threatening her life, Megeara refuses to quit. She knows she's getting closer to Atlantis and as she does, she stumbles onto the truth of what Arik really is.
For Arik his quest is no longer simple. No human can know of a Dream-Hunter's existence. His dream of being mortal has quickly turned into his own nightmare and the only way to save himself will be to sacrifice the very thing he wanted to be human for. The only question is, will he?
"- I swear it on Solin’s life. (Arik)
- Uh, excuse me? (Solin)
- I would, but there’s truly no excuse for you. (Arik)"
"- Nick, space. Now. (Acheron)
- Go, Nick, fetch. Here, boy, here. You should let me borrow one of those leather collars you wear and give me a tag with Kyrian’s number on it. ‘In case of loss, call my owner.’ (Nick)"
"Vengeance only destroys the one who seeks it."
"- I find you irritating. (Kat)
- I haven’t even begun to irritate you yet. Imagine what I could do if I applied myself? (Solin)
- I can imagine. I can also imagine ripping your throat out and tying my shoes with your larynx. (Kat)"
"Victory to the spider. Patience wins the day. And today my patience ends. (Apollymi)"
"...it is by our actions that we are destroyed or saved. The choice is ours."
"- Anything to piss you off, Brother. Why else? (Arik)
- Oh, that’s easy enough to do. Basically the fact that you breathe does that. (Solin)
- Love you, too. (Arik)
- Of course you do, like a plague on your privates. (Solin)"
"- You were overwhelmed by my desire? What planet are you from? (Geary to Arik)
- Moronia. Every full moon they teleport the Morons to earth and let them loose. Consider this your first encounter. (Solin)"
"- Thank you, Geary. (Arik)
- For what? (Geary)
- For giving me a life that is the best dream I’ve ever had. (Arik)"
|Parents||Morpheus & Myst|
|Fave Pastime||Making M'Ordant crazy|
|Dr. Megeara (Saatsakis) Kafieri|
|DOB||April 18, 1969|
|Hair Color||Dark blond|