Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over the mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.

Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.

But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness-not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.
Talon of the Morrigantes


"Talon glanced wistfully at his drink as he debated what should take priority. Coffee… Daimons… Coffee… Daimons…"

"Nick, fetch my car, fetch my clothes, sweep the chimney, make my bed, watch my psychopath, fetch my slippers."

"You are the only warmth in my heart. The only sunshine my winter has ever known. (Talon)"

"- Next time I’ll just send the three of you e-mails. What was I thinking when I decided to have this meeting? (Acheron)
 - Oh, I know. That men who are a couple of thousand years old could actually behave like grownups? (Nick)
 (Zarek elbowed Nick in the stomach.)
 - Oops. Involuntary arm spasm. (Zarek)"

"- What are you? (a Daimon)
 - Oh please, let me give you the job description. Me, Dark-Hunter. You, Daimon. I hit, you bleed. I kill, you die. (Zarek)"

"- Come home with me, Acheron. I’ll make it well worth your while. (Artemis)
 - I have a headache. (Acheron)
 - You’ve had a headache for two hundred years! (Artemis)
 - And you’ve had PMS for eleven thousand. (Acheron)"

"Oh, yeah, insanity ran deep in the roots of that family tree. (Talon)"

"Daimons, vampires, ghouls, whatever you want to call them. They suck your blood and your soul and leave you with nothing. Kind of like lawyers. (Selena)"

"- I swear, Daimons or not, if you don’t behave, Z, I’m going to send you to Antarctica and leave you there to rot. (Acheron)
 - Ooo. I’m terrified. Those killer penguins and hairy seals are really scary. (Zarek)"

"You know, the thing about life and love is that they are both ever-changing while people seldom are. (Acheron)"

"- Tell me the name of your best friend. (Sunshine)
 - Wulf Tryggvason. (Talon)
 - Oh my God, you just answered a question. I think the world may end over it. (Sunshine)"

"Things are always given to us when we need them... You just have to decide if you're strong enough, brave enough, to seize it and make it yours. (Acheron)"

"The Good, The Bad,.. I'm the one with the gun!" 


Speirr of the Morrigantes
Nickname(s) Talon, T
Designation Dark-Hunter
DOB AD 532
Height 6' 5
Hair Color Blond (wavy)
Eye Color Amber
Build Lean, solid muscle
Parents Feara of the Morrigantes, but raised by his Uncle Idiag and Aunt Ora.
Children Declan
Best Friend Wulf
Worst Enemy Camulus
Tattoos / Scars Celtic tribal tattoos on the left side of his torso that pay homage to the Morrigan..
Fave Pastime Eating junkfood.
Mode of Transportation Fatboy, Viper
Weapon of Choice Srad
Pets Alligators: Beth, Bessie, Trapper
Other Facts He & his sister were killed by his cousin Murrdyd who wanted to rule their clan.


Sunshine Runningwolf
Designation Human
Job Artist/Nature Girl/ All Around Goddess
Height 5' 9
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Dark Brown
Build Voluptuous
Parents Starla & Daniel Runningwolf
Best Friend Bride
Worst Enemy Styxx
Tattoos / Scars Small, stylized Celtic sun on her inner ankle- sign for creativity.
Fave Pastime Painting, losing things.
Mode of Transportation 1966 VW Beetle: dark blue top with GID stars & bright yellow bottom with red peace symbols
Weapon of Choice Paint brush.
Other Facts Older brothers: Rain and Storm. Talon is her second husband. Her first is named Jerry.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment