Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when it becomes clear that the mysterious Magister will stop at nothing to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, tortured Will and the devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal and fueled by revenge. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

"I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you." 

"It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them." 

"We live and breathe words." 

"Lies and secrets, Tessa, they are like a cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind." 

"One finds nobility in the oddest places." 

"God knows we’re all drawn to what’s beautiful and broken." 

"I feel myself dissolving, vanishing into nothingness, for if there is no one in the world who cares for you, do you really exist at all?"

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment